Jailbreak Central - The Best Jailbreak Forum!

Full Version: Bootlooped after bypass on 6s 10.2.1
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello,
I bought a bunch of iCloud locked iPhones in a lot online for parts. 12 total iPhone 6s & 7. One of the 6s's was on iOS 10.2.1 so I figured I would use SoNick_14's iCloud bypass instead of using that one for parts. I purchased the bypass, went through the setup with the tutorial, activated it, jailbroke it with totally-not.spyware.lol using the meridian method, removed the setup.app and then attempted to download an app. Everything was working 100% flawless until I couldn't log in to the App Store. The App Store gave me an error saying something along the lines of "Cannot connect to iTunes Store." I started trying to uninstall tweaks I had installed to see if it would fix the issue but after uninstalling a few tweaks, Cydia started giving errors upon installing new tweaks, only allowing me to uninstall tweaks. I then uninstalled every tweak and opened doubleH3lix to rejailbreak with that. when I clicked "Jailbreak" everything appeared fine. It got up to the "Installing Cydia" part when I noticed the device was still plugged in to my PC. It was still on "Installing Cydia" when I unplugged it from the charger. The exact millisecond I unplugged it, the screen went black and the device rebooted to the Apple logo. It then went black again. I pressed the power button. it showed the Apple logo for about 5 seconds, then went black again. I repeated this at least 20x with the same result. I tried plugging it back in. It would turn on for 5 seconds and turn off again but automatically come back on while plugged in. It only loops when its plugged in. If it's unplugged, it turns on for 5 seconds then shuts down. It also no longer turns back on when plugged in, the power button must be pressed to show the Apple logo for 5 seconds. I contacted SoNick_14 and he said it might be a hardware issue. I tried swapping the Logic Board into a whole different phone with all different parts and there was no difference. He said there's nothing he can do to fix it. is there anything I can do to get the device out of the boot loop without updating it from iOS 10.2.1? Thanks!
To me, it looks like how an iPhone acts when the battery is damaged. Could, however, be something else, but it's a coincidence that it happened after a bypass - the bypass cannot cause hardware issues. At best it can bootloop it in software. It may be that you delete Setup.app. I heard from a dude who claims to be into Apple Internal stuff that Apple introduced a server-side check for Setup.app on unactivated devices to prevent CFW iCloud Bypass (even with iBoot exploit), and allegedly, the device bootloops if Setup.app isn't there, but I am yet to investigate or to confirm this. 

Could have been a coincidence though.
(07-23-2019, 10:04 AM)GeoSn0w Wrote: [ -> ]To me, it looks like how an iPhone acts when the battery is damaged. Could, however, be something else, but it's a coincidence that it happened after a bypass - the bypass cannot cause hardware issues. At best it can bootloop it in software. It may be that you delete Setup.app. I heard from a dude who claims to be into Apple Internal stuff that Apple introduced a server-side check for Setup.app on unactivated devices to prevent CFW iCloud Bypass (even with iBoot exploit), and allegedly, the device bootloops if Setup.app isn't there, but I am yet to investigate or to confirm this. 

I have tried replacing the battery already. In fact, that's the very first thing I tried. I might try again with another spare battery but the 2 I tried worked in another 6s. The setup.app thing doesn't make sense though. The phone restarts before it could even get the chance to connect to WiFi to do a server sided check. I'm almost positive it had something to do with DoubleH3lix. Would unplugging my router prevent the server sided check though if that is the case?
(07-28-2019, 05:45 AM)xDVidz Wrote: [ -> ]
(07-23-2019, 10:04 AM)GeoSn0w Wrote: [ -> ]To me, it looks like how an iPhone acts when the battery is damaged. Could, however, be something else, but it's a coincidence that it happened after a bypass - the bypass cannot cause hardware issues. At best it can bootloop it in software. It may be that you delete Setup.app. I heard from a dude who claims to be into Apple Internal stuff that Apple introduced a server-side check for Setup.app on unactivated devices to prevent CFW iCloud Bypass (even with iBoot exploit), and allegedly, the device bootloops if Setup.app isn't there, but I am yet to investigate or to confirm this. 

I have tried replacing the battery already. In fact, that's the very first thing I tried. I might try again with another spare battery but the 2 I tried worked in another 6s. The setup.app thing doesn't make sense though. The phone restarts before it could even get the chance to connect to WiFi to do a server sided check. I'm almost positive it had something to do with DoubleH3lix. Would unplugging my router prevent the server sided check though if that is the case?

If Setup.App has to start (and it has to if the PurpleBuddy plist file isn't configured to say the setup has done all steps), the device may check for the presence of Setup.app at boot-time. A "file does not exist" exception could be enough to trigger a bootloop. I've seen it before.
(07-30-2019, 11:08 AM)GeoSn0w Wrote: [ -> ]
(07-28-2019, 05:45 AM)xDVidz Wrote: [ -> ]

If Setup.App has to start (and it has to if the PurpleBuddy plist file isn't configured to say the setup has done all steps), the device may check for the presence of Setup.app at boot-time. A "file does not exist" exception could be enough to trigger a bootloop. I've seen it before.

That’s sucks, I removed it to be safe because if I wasn’t home, I would need a PC to re activate it if I ran into issues. And I never have a pc with me if I’m out. Sometimes if I’m out for a while I have my MacBook Air with a 128GB SSD so I don’t even have enough space for a Windows VM or dual boot. I did it to be safe but obviously it possibly made it worse. Is there anything I can try to reverse it? Or is there anything I can try to save the activation ticket? He’s mentioned saving the activation ticket or something on his Twitter but I don’t know if the device has to be unlocked or powered on or anything. I also dont know if that would work after an update. Also, it only bootlooped after I unjailbroke and rejailbroke with DoubleH3lix. It had worked fine after rebooting other times. Thanks for the help though. I really appreciate it!
Unfortunately, the ticket / activation data ark files can only be retrieved if you can SSH into the device which you cannot if it can't power on. Have you tried to connect it to his tool and see if it can activate? OR try without a SIM card? etc.
(08-01-2019, 12:33 PM)GeoSn0w Wrote: [ -> ]Unfortunately, the ticket / activation data ark files can only be retrieved if you can SSH into the device which you cannot if it can't power on. Have you tried to connect it to his tool and see if it can activate? OR try without a SIM card? etc.

Yes, I’ve tried everything. I’ve tried with & without a sim. I’ve tried with and without sone of the internal parts. I haven’t tried his tool because the phone isn’t recognized by a computer unless in recovery or DFU. Would updating (not restoring) from recovery make me enter the Apple ID? I’ve never actually updated an iCloud unlocked phone, I know that if I update my phone with my iCloud on it I won’t have to enter my Apple ID but is it the same if it’s bypassed?