Jailbreak Central - The Best Jailbreak Forum!

Full Version: Block iOS Updates (iOS 13) without tvOS Profile ]
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Heya everyone, so this is the blocklist you need to use (follow the tutorial) in order to block iOS updates from downloading on iOS 13 all the way up to iOS 13.3.1 / iOS 13.4 and whatever may be the latest iOS version at the time you read this. This works on non-jailbroken devices, and also works on all iOS 13 devices, including A12 and A13. The VPN created is local, just so that the DNS can be altered to block the hosts in the list.

None of your traffic is being logged as long as you use Cloudflare's 1.1.1.1 / 1.0.0.1 DNS server in the app. Make sure you follow the tutorial.

Download the iOS Update blocklist here
Thats my method can you give me credit?

https://www.reddit.com/r/jailbreak/comme...ame=iossmf
I don’t get the option to download the file, only copy or save to Dropbox.
Yeah, I don’t get the download option on a long press either. I’m sure there’s a way to add download to the long press menu, but I don’t know it.

Ok, I found out why no download file option. I was long pressing this link here on the YouTube browser! I came back to this thread on regular Safari and then long pressed it again. Sure enough, the download file option is indeed available.
what about battery life using this method?
(03-02-2020, 08:06 AM)vpww Wrote: [ -> ]what about battery life using this method?

Under “Battery” in Settings, I get a battery usage of 1% for DNSCloak. I guess that means for a fully charged battery that 1% of the total charge during one complete battery cycle will be used up by DNS cloak.
Is there anything for iOS 12.1.2 jailbroken with Chimera
(03-02-2020, 12:24 AM)GeoSn0w Wrote: [ -> ]Heya everyone, so this is the blocklist you need to use (follow the tutorial) in order to block iOS updates from downloading on iOS 13 all the way up to iOS 13.3.1 / iOS 13.4 and whatever may be the latest iOS version at the time you read this. This works on non-jailbroken devices, and also works on all iOS 13 devices, including A12 and A13. The VPN created is local, just so that the DNS can be altered to block the hosts in the list.

None of your traffic is being logged as long as you use Cloudflare's 1.1.1.1 / 1.0.0.1 DNS server in the app. Make sure you follow the tutorial.

Download the iOS Update blocklist here

(03-02-2020, 06:05 AM)Argo300 Wrote: [ -> ]Yeah, I don’t get the download option on a long press either. I’m sure there’s a way to add download to the long press menu, but I don’t know it.

Ok, I found out why no download file option. I was long pressing this link here on the YouTube browser! I came back to this thread on regular Safari and then long pressed it again. Sure enough, the download file option is indeed available.

I have tried to download the file on my iPad and iPhone both (iOS 13.3) with no luck.  I am getting only the "copy-look up-share" options no matter how long I press on the link.
I have tried all of the different options listed here but still no luck. 
Are there any other option for installing/downloading the file for the DNS app?
TIA  bill
Well, with DNSCloak installed with the proper text file from here and all properly configured (connect on demand is on), I still got the iOS 13.3.1 update downloaded overnight. The best guess I have is that one has to manually reconnect the local vpn each night, before putting the iPhone on a charger on WiFi.
So, the iOS 13.5.1 ota update downloaded on my iPhone last night. But I finally figured out that I have to enable the DNSCloak VPN “connect on demand” in settings as well as in the app. I deleted the ota update and further updates are now being blocked.
Hurray!