Jailbreak Central - The Best Jailbreak Forum!

Full Version: How To Backup / Restore your Whatsapp Conversation History With dr.fone - Whatsapp Transfer (iOS 13)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
In today's video, we're talking about how you can backup your Whatsapp conversations and transfer them from a device to another, from your iOS device to your computer, and even from an Android device to another using a tool called dr.fone - Whatsapp Transfer which is available for both Windows and Mac. The tool is part of a larger software toolkit called dr.fone created by Wondershare. The toolkit contains various iOS tools for repair, backup, file management and so on. Amongst these, we have Whatsapp Transfer which allows you to backup and restore Whatsapp messages from device to device.

During my tests, the program was easy to use and has detected quickly all devices I tried it with. It helps to keep in mind that the tool requires you to turn off "Find My" temporarily on your iOS device when restoring the Whatsapp data. This is because the data is being made as a backup for your iOS device, and therefore the tool restores the newly created backup which isn't possible without turning off "Find My" in settings. You can turn it back on once the backup has restored, as I showed in the video review.

Overall, the program has worked as expected. The data has been backed up locally to the Mac and I was able to put it back on the phone. I have also tested importing my Whatsapp messages from my Android 7 device to my iOS 13.3 device and it has indeed worked as expected. Device detection wasn't an issue and the tool seems to come with its own drivers for both Android and iOS devices, so the backup is really effortless.

As always, do not forget to SUBSCRIBE to stay updated with the latest #iOS and #Jailbreak news, updates and tutorials!
~ GeoSn0w