Jailbreak Central - The Best Jailbreak Forum!

Full Version: Cydia Crashing when I click "Sources"
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
[attachment=14] I dont have any tweaks installed. When I open cydia and select sources it crashes. I receive an error message every time cydia first opens up too. I attached a screenshot of the error. Please help. I even tried resetting RootFS.
This is due to a tweak you tried to install called "Shield Malware" (I think) for Safari. From a repo safari-protection.com. You have to manually remove it with Filza. It messed Cydia's files because you either pasted a very long link (direct deb link?) or the repo was messed.
(09-25-2019, 01:25 AM)GeoSn0w Wrote: [ -> ]This is due to a tweak you tried to install called "Shield Malware" (I think) for Safari. From a repo safari-protection.com. You have to manually remove it with Filza. It messed Cydia's files because you either pasted a very long link (direct deb link?) or the repo was messed.

Is there a tutorial or something that explains how to manually remove it? I have never done that before
Unfortunately, no, not for your particular case.

If you have Filza installed:

Delete: /etc/apt/sources.list.d/cydia.list
Delete: /var/mobile/Library/Preferences/com.saurik.Cydia.plist
Delete: /var/mobile/Library/Caches/com.saurik.Cydia