Jailbreak Central - The Best Jailbreak Forum!

Full Version: iOS 14.7 RC upgrade message problem
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Having missed an upgrade to 14.7 normal and then finding out about its fixing a severe vulnerability, I decided to uprgrade to 14.7 RC. I used the correct file for my Xs max. It worked fine. But now I get a pop up message every time I unlock my phone that says to upgrade from the beta to the next version. It’s persistent. I’ve looked for fixes; there aren’t any good ones. Oddly, when I upgraded my old iPhone 8 Plus to the 14.7RC, it does not have this problem. I have no idea why one, but not the other??? Will a 14.7 jailbreak likely provide an upgrade block that might fix this?
Do you have the beta profile config installed?
(08-08-2021, 11:58 PM)Wayne Wrote: [ -> ]Do you have the beta profile config installed?

Thanks for your interest.
Nope. I surely don’t. I specifically looked for that profile.
I would try installing the beta profile and as its a beta profile and you are on the latest beta it might not offer the upgrade?
Ok, sounds good. Thanks. I’ll give that a try. Where is the best place to download this profile?

(08-10-2021, 12:20 PM)Wayne Wrote: [ -> ]I would try installing the beta profile and as its a beta profile and you are on the latest beta it might not offer the upgrade?

Yup… ok. I found the beta profile for iOS 14.7 RC and installed it. It expires several years from now. Anyway, unfortunately the annoying pop up message still occurs. Looks like I’ll just have to live with it.
(08-10-2021, 12:20 PM)Wayne Wrote: [ -> ]I would try installing the beta profile and as its a beta profile and you are on the latest beta it might not offer the upgrade?

Thanks again for that recommendation, but it turns out that there’s a fantastic side-note!!! After installing the profile, software update in settings listed iOS 14.7 as an upgrade! I thought, surely not possible since it’s no longer signed. Still, I tried it and iOS 14.7 final/normal installed on my phone fine, slowly but it did do it. Now, the annoying upgrade pop up message is gone too! Amazing that this worked!
Glad you got it sorted Smile