Advertisement

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
restore method CFW
I have created my CFW with all necessary patches. For a 64-bit device, using a Mac with 10.3 or 10.4 what software would be the option to upload it to my checkm8 compatible device.  idevicerestore seems to want to restore from older ipsw configurations. would mocking the config with a newer firmware work or is there a branch/fork i'm unaware of?
Once pwned, you can use idevicerestore part of libimobiledevice to restore your CFW both on Windows or macOS (and even Linux).
(11-07-2019, 02:29 AM)GeoSn0w Wrote: Once pwned, you can use idevicerestore part of libimobiledevice to restore your CFW both on Windows or macOS (and even Linux).

What about the shsh blobs? Are they mandatory for using idevicerestore with CFW and pwned dfu via checkm8?
(11-06-2019, 05:24 PM)failbr34k Wrote: I have created my CFW with all necessary patches. For a 64-bit device, using a Mac with 10.3 or 10.4 what software would be the option to upload it to my checkm8 compatible device.  idevicerestore seems to want to restore from older ipsw configurations. would mocking the config with a newer firmware work or is there a branch/fork i'm unaware of?

does it support sim card ?
(11-08-2019, 02:10 AM)sohojmanush Wrote:
(11-06-2019, 05:24 PM)failbr34k Wrote: I have created my CFW with all necessary patches. For a 64-bit device, using a Mac with 10.3 or 10.4 what software would be the option to upload it to my checkm8 compatible device.  idevicerestore seems to want to restore from older ipsw configurations. would mocking the config with a newer firmware work or is there a branch/fork i'm unaware of?

does it support sim card ?

it has the usual limitations that occur when crashing setup.app that i can assure you

(11-07-2019, 10:57 PM)re1muhakurei Wrote:
(11-07-2019, 02:29 AM)GeoSn0w Wrote: Once pwned, you can use idevicerestore part of libimobiledevice to restore your CFW both on Windows or macOS (and even Linux).

What about the shsh blobs? Are they mandatory for using idevicerestore with CFW and pwned dfu via checkm8?

with the right patching I would assume you could use Cydia's blob signing (i think)

i've tried idevicerestore with the -c flag  and it seems to want to use a file system layout that (different location/names for files) than the firmware im using, if i mimic the older layout say iOS 8/9 would it work? or should i use -e -s and do a better job patching the boot sequence?

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Bug Why does Setup.app gets reinstalled when we use the iCloud Bypass method with checkra1n on iOS 13.3 Tom0x00 4 7,607 03-03-2020, 07:28 AM
Last Post: Galagan