Advertisement

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tethered Downgrade for future jailbreak
Hello guys !

I've got a few questions about downgrading :

First, let me inform you that I'm currently on a iPhone XS with iOS 12.0 jailbroken with Chimera, with no blobs saved.
I've always been blocked on this version, because iOS version are always unsigned before the jailbreaks tools come out, and I never took the risk of upgrading and loose a jailbreak.

But now, I would like to upgrade to iOS 13.3 as it's still signed (because iOS 13.3.1 isn't a good firmware for a future jailbreak) for saving blobs, and be able to restore in the future, if any bug comes out while jailbreaking or testing tweaks.
I know that i won't be able to restore to ios 12 whithout blobs... But, during my researchs, I've heard about tethered downgrading : I understood that it would be possible to restore to a custom firmware flashed with someone else's blobs, or that it is possible to patch an unsigned version (please correct me if I'm wrong ^^), but that they wil lead to a permanently tethered jailbreak. Since the actual jailbreaks tools need and IPA to be launched, I don't mind that aspect.

I would like to confirm those methods with you guys, and ask you, what are my current possibilities !

My conclusion of this situation would be to save my tweaks and configuration, upgrade to 13.3, save blobs, and wait ! Or wait for a ios 13 jailbreak maybe iOS 14 ?

Thank you guys for your answers Smile Have a great WE Smile
(02-01-2020, 03:15 PM)Thoro Wrote: Hello guys !

I've got a few questions about downgrading :

First, let me inform you that I'm currently on a iPhone XS with iOS 12.0 jailbroken with Chimera, with no blobs saved.
I've always been blocked on this version, because iOS version are always unsigned before the jailbreaks tools come out, and I never took the risk of upgrading and loose a jailbreak.

But now, I would like to upgrade to iOS 13.3 as it's still signed (because iOS 13.3.1 isn't a good firmware for a future jailbreak) for saving blobs, and be able to restore in the future, if any bug comes out while jailbreaking or testing tweaks.
I know that i won't be able to restore to ios 12 whithout blobs... But, during my researchs, I've heard about tethered downgrading : I understood that it would be possible to restore to a custom firmware flashed with someone else's blobs, or that it is possible to patch an unsigned version (please correct me if I'm wrong ^^), but that they wil lead to a permanently tethered jailbreak. Since the actual jailbreaks tools need and IPA to be launched, I don't mind that aspect.

I would like to confirm those methods with you guys, and ask you, what are my current possibilities !

My conclusion of this situation would be to save my tweaks and configuration, upgrade to 13.3, save blobs, and wait ! Or wait for a ios 13 jailbreak maybe iOS 14 ?

Thank you guys for your answers Smile Have a great WE Smile

You are indeed right, a radical measure would be a tethered downgrade, BUT, your device cannot do it. We can downgrade tethered but only the CheckRa1n devices (iPhone X and older) because they support the CheckM8 BootROM exploit. iPhone XS does not, and it's therefore impossible to restore a CFW currently. I'd stay put for now. Save the blobs for iOS 13.3 (On A12 you need to set a generator first, google it).
Hey !

Thank you very much !!!! I really appreciate your help Smile
I will upgrade to 13.3 today, and save my blobs then !

Again, thank you Smile

Ronan

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  downgrade with FutureRestore to 14.5.1 mikka 3 3,858 11-12-2021, 08:08 PM
Last Post: mikka
  Is it good idea to downgrade to Beta 1 instead of the last RC Version ? ios 14.7. Because of Bypass, too. saoex 0 1,818 08-08-2021, 02:14 AM
Last Post: saoex
Star iOS 14.2 - 14 - How To Save SHSH2 Blobs For DOWNGRADE & JAILBREAK Without Computer (A12 / A13 Too!) GeoSn0w 1 5,043 03-01-2021, 03:37 PM
Last Post: Sondae
  ipad air iOS 12.4.9 - downgrade to ios 10 gianry 0 2,288 12-10-2020, 05:27 PM
Last Post: gianry
  Downgrade iPhone 6 plus iOS 12.4.8 Huutanphp 1 2,909 11-03-2020, 01:30 AM
Last Post: Wayne
  Downgrade iOS 14 on 6th Gen Ipad ? zkiddo11 3 2,923 10-06-2020, 02:25 PM
Video How To Save SHSH2 Blobs For iOS DOWNGRADE / Jailbreak ON A12 and A13 Devices (iPhone 11, XS, XR etc) GeoSn0w 3 4,915 09-19-2020, 11:05 PM
Video iOS 13.4.1 / 13 / 12 NEW iOS Downgrade Tool (RestoreM8) RELEASED! Easier iOS Downgrades GeoSn0w 0 5,161 05-14-2020, 06:55 AM
Last Post: GeoSn0w
  Iphone 5s Downgrade ? Wayne 1 3,376 03-19-2020, 08:54 AM
Last Post: pscullum
Big Grin How to downgrade Ipad Air 2 Huutanphp 3 4,456 03-15-2020, 02:37 AM
Last Post: pscullum